A certificate of no impediment is required by foreign authorities when South African nationals would like to get married in their country to one of their nationals.
The certificate of no impediment is issued by the Department of Home Affairs and confirms the marital status of an individual. It is valid for 6 months.
A certificate of no impediment has many different names including but not limited to:
- Letter of No Impediment
- Non-impediment Letter
- Non-impediment Certificate
- Declaration of Non-impediment to Marry
- Certificate of Freedom to Marry
- Statutory Declaration of Single Status
- Statement In-Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad
- Affidavit of Intended Marriage
If you would like more information about certificates of no impediment then check the information tabs below, or you can contact us.
Check your Marital Status in South Africa
While you may be single, there are many fraudulent marriages reported to the Department of Home Affairs each year.
Purchase a Marital Status Check and let us check your marital status and the date of your marriage.