Do you need help with a foreign birth registration? Certificates RSA can expedite the process and make it so much easier for you.
If you live abroad and you would like to register your baby or child's birth please contact us for a quote.
If you would like more information about how the process of a foreign birth registration works please read below or contact us.
What is a Foreign Birth Registration?
A foreign birth registration is when a child is born abroad to a South African mother and/ or father and they would like to register the child's birth in South Africa.
Foreign Birth Registration Application Process
- All births registered by the Department are in terms of the Births and Deaths Registration Act. There is no exclusion or separate requirements for foreign birth registrations.
- Supporting documents must be attached to an application as prescribed in the Births and Deaths Registration Act. Only complete applications with required supporting documents will be accepted and processed for Foreign Birth Registration.
- Offices must ensure that parents/grandparents birth certificates are attached with every application submitted. Without these no application will be processed.
- Application form Notice of Birth (DHA 24)
- DHA 529 (applicant, parents duly fully completed)
- Full birth certificate of the applicant
- Front office Verify birth certificate of the applicant’s age from 15years and above with the country of origin (embassy)
- Marriage certificate if the parents are married or both parents must acknowledge paternity.
- Proof of birth / citizenship of the South African parent
- Police report from country of origin as well as one from RSA (15 years and above)
- An interview report for both the applicant and the South African parent (15 years and above)
- Proof of Paternity / DNA tests (15 years and above)